empire today Review
Empire customer review My experience - Hardwood floor insttllation
We choose Armstrong wood flooring and I made sure to go out and inspect all the unopened boxes on the installer’s van to make sure they were what we ordered. They were.
The contractor arrived on time (a crew of 5) and worked all day installing hardwood on our 2nd floor and on the stairs leading to the 2nd floor. Five men were used and completed the job in 10 hours. We kept an eye on the crew to make sure that they laid down the correct floor liner, etc.
As far as the finished product is concerned, the floors themselves look great. They went inside all the closets and most of the molding looks good too. Towards the end they began to rush and there were some noticeable holes and splinters in a couple pieces of the molding, but nothing major that I couldn’t fix with a little bit of putty. There were some glue stains on the floor, but not many – maybe half a dozen small stains. Again, in the scheme of things, no big deal.
My big problem was that they were a little rough with moving our furniture and put numerous dings and dents in the dressers and bureaus, mostly on the corners and feet. If our furniture has been new (which it was not) I REALLY would have been upset about this, but again, most of the damage here was easily fixed with a combination of furniture pens and wood putty. I suspect that some of this damage could have been avoided if they had come back a second day rather than trying to finish the job in one day. OTOH…there was a BIG part of me that was glad they were able to finish the job the same day. The clean-up job inside and out was OK but not great. Again, they were in a hurry to leave.
So, it looks like we were fortunate because the worker who did the steps (a custom job) obviously knew what he was doing, as did the regular floor installers. The floors actually look really good. I think if you could be guaranteed to get this particular crew you would be ok, as long as you kept an eye on them moving furniture. Of course, we all know that it’s always a crap shoot with what crew you get.
So, although I have read LOTS of negative reviews about Empire Today, for our particular experience to be completely honest, I would say the following:
PRICE: competitive with what my own research showed
CREW:large crew of 5 who worked hard and did a very good job on the floors and stairs. They needed to be a bit more careful with moving the furniture.
As always, your mileage may vary.
CONTACT THIS BUSINESS
BUSINESSES REPLY HERE
More empire today reviews
- carpet install
- Empire Today doesn't care about customer service or quality
- Don't stand by there TV ads
- Installer run around.
- Empire Today Does NOT Hold Up to Satisfaction Guaranteed!
- Waste of time!!! 50 50 50 minutes wasted!
- HORRIBLE. HORRIBLE. HORRIBLE. HORRIBLE. Do not use Empire Today
- Bad customer service. Cheap product that doesn't last, AT ALL
- Steer Away from Empire Today Flooring
- This company abuse of their employees
- Horrible carpet installation and even worse customer service!
- Horrible customer service
- Empire Today terrible product and even worse customer service
- Empire today terrible cancellation policy
- empire today carpets< floors and customer service stink!
- No one can figure it out!!'
- Empire great company
- Empire carpet review
- ryan mike-mayer
- great salesperson, great experience
- Empire Today, LLC Customer review
- So so so happy!!!
- Recent experience with Empire Carpet
- Wonderful Experience
- Tile floor from Empire Today
- Empire carpeting recommend
- Flooring experience
- Empire floor review
- Fantastic Customer Service
- Thank you Empire
How It Works
COMPLAINTS RESOLVEDThousands of Businesses of all sizes and millions of customers use MeasuredUp
It's free and easy to put MeasuredUp to work for you